EUROBEND GmbH & EUROBEND SA
are in conformity with the:
Requirements of the GDPR/General data Protection Regulation, regarding the protection of personal data
The GDPR requires companies to implement reasonable data protection measures to protect consumers’ personal data and privacy against data loss or exposure. Article 5. of the GDPR summarizes the most important principles and requirements regarding the management of personal data, with which both companies conform
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency: personal data is being processed in a lawful, fair and transparent manner
- Limited purpose: personal data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way not compatible with those purposes
- Data minimization: the collection of personal data is limited and data collected is relevant to accomplish a specific purpose
- Accuracy: personal data stored and managed is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Storage limitation: personal data isn't kept for longer than necessary for the purposes for which such personal data is processed
- Confidentiality and integrity: personal data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
there are six lawful bases for processing personal data. These are detailed as follows:
EUROBEND GmbH & EUROBEND SA
- Consent – the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose
- Contract – the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal Obligation – the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Vital Interests – the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
- Public Task – the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Legitimate Interests – the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
have assessed all six grounds for lawful processing of personal data and has selected ‘Legitimate Interests’ as the most suitable lawful ground for the processing of data for the purposes of both companies regarding their marketing and sales activities including after sales servicing
Eurobend GmbH & Eurobend SA collect, process and store data relating to businesses and decision makers. We think that the individuals that we process the data of, are likely to have an interest in Eurobend GmbH and Eurobend SA products and/or services.
Deemed as ‘Legitimate Interest’ this is based upon specific criteria including the business industry sector, size of organisation as well as the individual’s job function within the organisation. Typical segmentation includes those within marketing, sales, production, directors although other variables may apply.
Essential information is collected for making contact with the data subjects within the respective business environment.
This data is collected for purposes of managing and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our existing customers and prospective customers.
We manage data in a variety of ways, collected in line with the lawful basis of ‘Legitimate Interests’.
If you have received correspondence from us, we will have procured your data in one of the following ways:
- You have requested information on a previous occasion
- Someone has sent us your e-mail address requesting information about our products to be sent to you
- You or someone else has expressly shared your contact details with us for the purpose of receiving information now and/or in the future
- We have previously met at an event and your business card or contact details were handed to us willingly
- A member of our team has found your business and your contact details online, believing that your business would genuinely be interested in our equipment. And based upon your job function aligning with our typical customer profiles they have made contact to introduce you to our products and services.
- Appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal data have been taken
Secure storage is ensured
We may use your personal data in our internal productivity and communication applications insofar as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of proper administration of our website and business.